Saturday, August 1, 2009

Day 28. July 29. London

We met at the train station at 7:20 and were off to the Burghley house in Stamford. The Burghley house has been filmed in movies such as The Di Vinci Code, Pride and Prejudice, and Young Victoria. As we pulled into the parking lot we notice deer prancing around the yard. They weren’t shy at all. I didn’t pet them but everyone else did. They were cute. We made our way in and had another private tour before the home opened to the public. Our tour guide gave us some funny stories about the artist in the house and the people who were painted. It was funny. We then went down to the restaurant where Darrin had told us we needed to try cream and tea. Which has nothing to do with tea at all, it is actually a biscuit with clotted cream. Sounds gross but it was really good. Ali and I decided to also try a Victoria Cake. Which wasn’t worth the money at all. I was starving at this point to I went to get something else too. I wanted to get soup because of the frigidness and rain. The lady let me try the soup it was carrot and orange. It wasn’t too bad but I figured it wouldn’t fill me up so I got a mango chicken sandwich instead. We met back at the bus and made our way to a little town called Stamford. There were a lot of little shops but it was really wet and cold. I think had it been sunny we would have enjoyed it a lot more. But I did find the most adorable little shirt for my niece. We stopped at a bakery to get some more treats, because the biscuit and clotted cream, and cake weren’t enough sugar for the day. I got a gingerbread cookie and they were really yummy. We went back to the bus and got on the train and then stayed at the flat for the rest of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment