Friday, July 17, 2009

Day 12. July 13. Paris

I woke up to a knock on our cell room door. I opened the door to see our awkward train car man standing there with our passports and tickets. I was happy to see that he hadn’t jumped out and sold our identities over night. It had literally been the most uncomfortable night I have ever had. If it had been a real ambien I don’t think I would have felt that way. Oh well. The train finally stopped and we got all of our luggage out and found our bus to get us to our hotel. When we arrived there only some of our rooms were ready. Luckily one of those was ours. So got cleaned up and met up again to try another round of sketching at the Eiffel Tour. Again failed. But we stopped at a sandwich and patisserie shop and got some lunch. I got a baguette sandwich. Amazing! I love french food! Then we had free time to do what we needed. We desperately needed to do our laundry. So we ran to our rooms and grabbed everything and the five of us rushed to the Laundromat. Tried forever to figure it out but couldn’t. Finally the weirdo guy, who runs the place but spends his day at the bar next door with his friends, came and was super excited about a bunch of Americans in his place and he helped us figure it out. While we were waiting he came over and told us to follow him into the bar. Then he had us stand behind the bar and take a picture with Brady’s camera. Evidently Americans like pictures behind bars? Anyway, the process took about 3 hours but was well worth it for clean clothes. We stopped at a little store next door to our hotel and I found a drink that my family and I found when we were here called Orangina. So I had to get it. Now they have a new version of it that is even better than the original. I was pretty happy about finding it and everyone else loves it too!


We all met up at 7 for a boat tour on the Seine River. I was in jeans and a sheer long sleeve shirt but I just didn’t really take into account the difference in temperatures from Italy to France. Granted we were on the water but it was so cold. I tried to take in everything that was being said but it was hard while freezing. We walked by the Seine to get to our boat. Evidently the cool think in France is to get McDonalds and sit by the river with some wine, or camp, or both. We came up to the Eiffel tour and it was all lit up and so pretty. The tour was good because it kind of gave me some bearings of the city, just a little bit. So we went back to the hotel and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment