Sunday, July 26, 2009

Day 25. July 26. London

Today we got to sleep in again. We had breakfast and then relaxed for a while. Church started at 2:30 so we finally got ready and left at 2:00. We found the church without any problems. It’s only about a 10 minute walk from out flat. I’m really glad we went. We haven’t been able to go for 3 weeks so this was really nice to do. All the talks were great and it was a pretty big young single adult ward. We went to Sunday school where this really happy British woman gave the lesson. She did a visual lesson where she had two people stand up and do some stuff and she gave one of the guys a huge chocolate bar. He was so nice and shared his chocolate with everyone. Haha if I would have gotten it I would have kept it. But then to top it off she also gave us all Bounty bars, which are almond joys without the almond. I want to come to church here every week. It was fantastic! We came back to the loft and everyone helped me make dinner. We made chicken parmigiana and it was pretty good. Again, we had to improvise but I think it turned out really well considering that we had to make our own bread crumbs and the stove and oven sucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment