Friday, July 10, 2009

Day 4. July 5. Roma

It was our free day so we decided that we wanted to go to mass at St. Peters. I have never been to mass before and it was quite the experience. They gave us pamphlets that told us what they were saying in English, but I wish I had understood what the meaning and symbolism of things were. Non-the-less I am glad we went. After that we had heard that the Pope sticks his head out of his apartment window and blesses the community. And he did! It was really cool to see and hear the pope. I never expected that to happen. Then we went back to the hotel and laid by the pool and relaxed, and then we had to pack to get up early for the train. Also, I straightened my hair for the first time this day with my itty bitty straightener. It literally took me an hour and a half. Not really worth it so I’ve been going frizzhead ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment