but it was still the most amazing firework show I’ve ever seen. It was aSunday, July 19, 2009
Day 13. July 14. Paris
It was Bastille Day, France’s Independence Day, and our free day. We slept in a bit and Ali and I
got up for breakfast. They have a lot of bread, cereal with warm milk, yogurt, pound cake, and hard boiled eggs. So we were pretty happy with our selection. After we ate we decided to check out some bikes that can be rented down the street. We thought that would be a fun way to see Paris. So after 15 minutes of reading the screen we came to the conclusion that it could be done and affordably. So, we were all excited about doing it and got ready and went over there. Only to be disappointed again because you have to have a credit card to use them and Ali and I were the only ones with credit cards. We thought about putting them all on one person’s card but then that puts a lot of responsibility on that one person if it got stolen or whatever. So we decided to just go on the metro. We made our way to the
Paris Opera house which is the setting of The Phantom of the Opera. It is such a beautiful building. I wish we could have gone to a show there. We had heard that H&M was near the Opera house so we started making our way around to try and find it and eventually we did. There was a really cute jacket/coat that was only E7.00 and I wanted it so bad but it is kind of not logical to get it because of the lack of room in my suitcase. But I ended up getting two shirts for E32.00. So not super bad, but Linds won with a grand total of E85.00. She got some really cute things though. After that we were all pretty exhausted so we went back to the hotel and slept until about 7:30. Linds knows a guy who lives here and they had been writing back and forth. So, we decided that we would all get together and hangout. But he bailed on us so we decided to just go figure out a spot where we could see the firework
show off of the Eiffel Tour. My brother had told me of a place to go so we got on the metro and made our way over there. I can’t believe how many people there were. It was insane. But we found a place where we could see the top of the tour and stood there for an hour eagerly waiting for the show. I found a guy next to us who looks like Newman from Seinfeld who bleached his hair and lost a tiny bit of weight. I tried to snap a good picture but he kept looking over at me. Brady and Ali went to find some food because we were all hungry and Lindsey, Kaitlyn and I saved our spot. They got back just in time for the show. It was the best firework show I have ever seen! They were awesome. But we could vaguely hear music from a distance and we were wondering what that was. There was another guy standing next to us who was just staring at me. I could not
help but laugh. It was so awkward. His wife was obviously there with him and he was just staring the whole time. And Newman was staring at Kaitlyn. Anyway, after the show the guy pointed to his camera asking me if he could take a picture and I didn’t know what to do so I just awkwardly smiled and he thanked me and left. I’m still very confused about that. There were so many people just going in every direction and people setting of fireworks that sounded like gunshots. There were ambulances with people on stretchers and getting stitched up. So we all linked arms and started making our way to the metro. We got caught in a huge crowd where we were smashed right up to the person next to us but we still had our linked arms. There were some nasty guys right next to use that were trying to talk to us and then started putting there hands in very inappropriate places. I was just trying to maneuver my body so they couldn’t touch me but that didn’t stop one guy. So I finally looked at him and said NO! and he raised his hands like he hadn’t done anything and finally moved along. I felt so nasty. The F
rench men are perverts. They don’t hide anything and they are so forward. It was really pretty scary so we decided to wait it out for a bit and try and get on the metro a little later. So we made it to the metro where they were letting people on and got on one metro that would get us to our connecting station where our metro was. Once we got to the stop we pulled in and heard everyone sigh. There were SO many people and as soon as the doors opened everyone was trying to get in. So we all held hands and little Lindsey went through the crowd screaming “Scoozy! Scoozy!” It was so funny. I was getting left behind but Kait reached back and pulled me out. It was crazy. Once we got to our train we had room to sit down and we were all so tired and just sat in silence. Kaitlyn and I were sitting in one area and the others were sitting on the other side. At one stop a nasty drunk guy got on the train with his friends. He looked at Kait and I and started trying to talk to us. He was trying to get us to go
party with them. But we just pretended like we didn’t understand him. Brady saw what was going on so we peeked over asking if we needed help and I nodded so he came over to talk to us and the guy was so taken back. We are really lucky to have Brady with us. I don’t want to think about what could have happened if he hadn’t been with us. We got back to the hotel and Ali’s roommates started talking about the show. Turns out that we were on the back side of the Eiffel Tour and on the front there was an amazing light show. It was a little disappointing that we missed that
but it was still the most amazing firework show I’ve ever seen. It was a
crazy but a good day non-the-less.
but it was still the most amazing firework show I’ve ever seen. It was a
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment