Ciao everybody! So we st
arted out the day by
waking up and eating some breakfast at our hotel. The hotel in Rome had a huge buffet style breakfast. Every day I loaded up on fruit, eggs, croissants with nutella, and grapefruit juice. This hotel breakfast was a bit smaller. There were some rolls, juice, and cereal, but it was good non-the-less. So Darrin gave us the morning to finish whatever we needed to do. So, we went back to the Duomo and I attempted to sketch it, and failed. We met back at the hotel, got our luggage, and got back to the train station. I have to say that one of my top fears i
s being locked up in a foreign prison. We have had a few encounters with the Italian Police. The first of which was when we were at the train station arriving from Rome. Ali had dropped her head pillow and I looked back just in time for them to surround Brady and tap him on the shoulder, not realizing they were just trying to give him the pillow. I was so scared for him for that 2.2 seconds. Then we were trying to eat our lunch at the Duomo but they were barricading the area off so we were just climbing under the bars. Turns out they didn’t like that too much and started whistling and shouting but luckily I got through quickly. Again, this scar
ed me to death. The last, and worst of which was today. We were at the train station waiting in a huge circle when three police men walked up to us and said Ciao, passports please. They took just about everyone’s but mine, and started writing their information down and calling it in on their radio. We were worried that we were going to miss our train. Finally we asked why they needed them and they said, in broken English, “Routine check, just routine check.” Sucky police. Anyway, we made our train. When we stepped out of the train station in Venice I just about teared up. This is the MOST
beautiful place I have been in my life, with the most beautiful people, and the most beautiful things. We got on our water taxi and made our way to our hotel. I must say after our last hotel I was hoping that this would be an improvement, and was I surprised. Hotel Una is so perfect. It is the prettiest hotel I think I have ever stayed in. I have no idea how Darrin pulled this off, but he is amazing. We all cleaned up a little and met up to walk to a bridge where there is a great view, and we broke up to get dinner. Best salmon pasta I’ve ever had. The best part about it here is that when the food comes out I get disappointed because
it looks really small, but in reality if you take your time eating the amount of food that is there is perfect maybe even too much. I just love the way of life here. They don’t eat a ton of food, it’s all pretty healthy, and they walk off anything they eat for the day. After that we found a crepe shop, with the most gorgeous Italian man ever! So I took a few creeper pictures and then Brady asked him if I could kiss him and he let me. Most magical moment of this trip so far. I love him. Seriously. Then we made our way back to hotel where I’m about to get ready for bed. This h
as been the best day so far! I love Venice. I could liv
e here forever! Ciao!
Friday, July 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ahlee! You are gorgeous and by the looks of it having the time of your life! I want to hear all about it :)
ReplyDelete