Saturday, July 25, 2009

Day 19. July 20. London

We started our day at the V&A museum. They gave us an assignment to get together as groups and individually make three patterns inspired from the three museums we went to and then as a group make them cohesive. My first pattern was inspired from a hanging beaded vine and the banister behind it in the V&A. The second patter was inspired from a metal sculpture at the Tate Modern Museum(which we also went to this day). The third was inspired from a mosaic peacock I saw at the British Museum. After we snapped all of our pictures the five of us went to the grocery store. We got tons of food and it came to about L18.00 each. Which we thought was really good. Turns out we didn’t figure things very well. We went through 1 loaf of bread, 1 box of cereal, and most of the yogurt in one day. Needless to say there will be a few more visits to the grocery store before we go home. After that we went back to the flat. Everyone wanted to go to the new Harry Potter movie. I had heard that it was expensive to go and since I’m not an avid Harry Potter reader I decided I didn’t want to go. Brady looked up the prices on the internet and I it was about L7.00. So I decided I might as well go just because we are in London. We decided that we would order the tickets online so we could just get there and get in without waiting in line. I said that we could put it on my card and people could just pay me back. Well Brady was looking at the wrong place. So he ordered the tickets for a movie theater that isn’t even in London. We didn’t find this out until I tried to retrieve the tickets and wasn’t able to. I was a little upset at this point and may have been a little rude to Brady. I was just worried about not getting my money back. But we got it sorted out and I’m getting my money back. Anyway we ended up getting into the right theater just a few minutes late but they gave us great seats so it all worked out. Before we had left our flat to go to the movie everybody decided they wanted to put a Harry Potter scar on their forehead. I refused to participate in this. Lindsey and Ali put them on first and then realized that Harry’s scar isn’t in the middle of his forehead it’s off to one side, so they looks like even bigger fools. Then I put it on the right way on Kait and Brady. While we were on the Tube everyone was looking at them like they were crazy so I played it off like I was taking my special friends to the movie. Right before we got off I said “Okay guys, we’re getting off at the next stop. So hold hands so we won’t get lost.” They didn’t appreciate that. It was a pretty good movie. As we were leaving there was a man standing on a stool and holding a sign that said “Everything is ok”. It was a good end to the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment