
We started the day off by getting on a bus and going out to Villa Savoye. It is a modern home built in 1929 by Le Corbusier. He built it around his five points of architecture. So he considers this a perfectly constructed home. I like more of a traditional style but I appreciate the modern style especially considering the time it was built. It also had some furniture that he designed in the home as well. It was fun to see the home and furniture that we’ve learned and read about, but when you actually see it in person you can really
appreciate it for what it is. We headed back into Paris after that and it was time for us to eat so we decided it would be fun to go to the restaurant that Philippe Starck designed called Kong. It is a very fun place to eat but very expensive. A hamburger and fries are E17.00. So Ali and I decided to split one. It tasted fabulous! And the ambiance was fabulous. It’s designed with ghost chairs that have geishas on the backs of them and the view from the top of the window is so pretty. I’m glad that we went even though I spent E8.50 on half a burger. After that he headed over to the Musee D’Orsay. It was so much more
manageable than the Louvre. My favorites were the Claude Monet and Degas paintings. They were beautiful!







No comments:
Post a Comment