
Today we got up and had a fabulous breakfast at our hotel. We left around 9:00 for our appointment with Rubelli; a fabric and upholstery company. They started in the 1800’s and just keep expanding their lines. It is beautiful fabric. Most people probably don’t get excited about fabrics, but we were all just amazed. They showed us swatches of fabrics that their company made back in the 1800’s that they keep in a safe storage area so they won’t become more aged by light and dust, and then she showed us the fabric that they make now that is based on those same styles. They have an amazing show room. It was fun to look through the different fabrics and imagine how I would use it in a room.
So on our way back we decided that we were models

and that we were

going to have a little photo shoot. So that will explain the random black and white pictures. After that we had a little break so we came back to the hotel and rested for an hour. Ali and I started watching Clueless on Italian MTV and then Brady called us and said, “Turn your TV to channel 14. I think you’ll enjoy it.” So, we did. It was a contortionist in his boxers and socks and throwing his limbs everywhere. It was disgusting, really funny, and something you don’t need to know Italian to understand what is going on.
We all got together again and made our way to the water taxi for our next appointment. On the way I got sea sick. Luckily I didn’t vomit but had I been on there for ten minutes longer I probably

would have. My stomach finally settled as we were going to our appointment at Fortuny; another fabric and upholstery company.
On the way over one of the girls in our group, Josie, was going over by the water and she slipped and her camera fell into the water. I was ahead of her but I just heard the noise and I just knew that someone’s camera was gone. I feel terrible for her. I would have been a huge mess.
Anyway, the difference between these two companies is that all of Rubelli’s fabrics are that they are all woven and cut to make the patterns, but Fortuny first dyes the

fabric and then prints on top of the fabric. Both are equally beautiful just kind of different. I don’t really remember but I think they had said at Rubelli that the fabric prices range from E500 to over E1,000 per meter. At Fortuny the guy said it was E360 per meter. So, they are very expensive but again very beautiful. So we left Fortuny and made our way back but I was up above with fresh air so I didn’t get sick going back.

Our stop was at the train station and made our way back. I really love Venice. To get anywhere you have to cross bridges and go through alley ways. You don’t really have any since of direction so yo

u just have to go with it. Before we went back to the hotel Ali, Brady, and I stopped at this huge super market and got fruit, bread, cheese, crackers, and nutella. We got back to the hotel and at our dinner and now we’re just relaxing. It’s been a pretty great day. Ciao!
I love that skirt of yours!
ReplyDelete